Cash For Your Car FAQ

Horseheads Pick-A-Part also buys unwanted vehicles, cars, trucks and vans...foreign and domestic, smashed, crashed or trashed, for parts and scrap. You bring it in, or Horseheads Pick-A-Part will pick it up from wherever you are.

What type of vehicles do we buy?
We are looking for all makes and models of vehicles, foreign and domestic, complete or incomplete. Most of the vehicles we purchase are from the early 80's through 2000 although we do not turn away any vehicles older or newer. 

Do I get paid for my vehicle?
We are always paying top dollar for your vehicle if you bring it to our location. If you need to have you vehicle picked up at your home, work, or other location we offer a vehicle pick up service. For a free estimate on what we could pay for your vehicle(s) please call our vehicle purchasing office or specify on the online vehicle pickup form and a representative will contact you.

Need a Pickup?
Please fill out our pick-up form for your convenience.

What paperwork will I need?
You will need to have a certificate of the title or transferable registration. On the reverse side of you title you will need to sign off on the line marked signature of seller. Feel free to call our purchasing office for detailed instructions on how to fill out your title.

What if I don't have a title?
There are forms that New York state offers in the case that you do not have a title. These are in .pdf format, please be sure you have a pdf reader if not please click here

  • MV35 - Lost Title Form
  • MV37 - Abandoned Vehicle Form

If you have any questions on which form is right for you please call our purchasing office.

Can I donate my car to charity?
There are many vehicle donation charities, we work with our local Volunteers of America chapter. Your vehicle donation will provide needed funding to our local Volunteers of America and in return you will receive a tax deductible receipt for your donation. Please contact our purchasing office for more information.